Friday, December 7, 2012

5 Things Really Smart People Do

By Kevin Daum (The Huffington Post):

Most people don't really think much about how they learn. Generally you assume learning comes naturally. You listen to someone speak either in conversation or in a lecture and you simply absorb what they are saying, right? Not really. In fact, I find as I get older that real learning takes more work. The more I fill my brain with facts, figures, and experience, the less room I have for new ideas and new thoughts. Plus, now I have all sorts of opinions that may refute the ideas being pushed at me. Like many people I consider myself a lifelong learner, but more and more I have to work hard to stay open minded.In Intellectual Character I made the case that it is not about "being" smart, it is about "acting" smart. Here are some tips to help us act smarter.

Source:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/05/5-things-really-smart-peo_n_2243995.html

No comments:

Post a Comment